ADHD.

Smokey has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), as does #2 Son (except for the hyperactivity part; thankfully, neither of them is hyperactive). He recently sent me a link to this article about ADHD and marriage.

The line we both loved: "Although life with ADHD can be trying at times, it is rarely boring."

Amen to that!

This entry was posted in Family. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to ADHD.

1. marianne says:

So. True.
    I’m ADD, Bobby is ADHD (hyper yet with lots of naps, go figure). special fun times ;^)

2. claire says:

My Freaky Consort just has the Attention Deficit part. That and some kind of procrastination disorder. sigh.

3. Lucia says:

I don’t think either of us has ADD, but we are both pack rats of the worst description. Well, not the worst, we don’t remotely qualify for Hoarders, but clutter is with us always.

“The point is to create your own systems that make life together livable.”
    I thought that was pretty much the standard for any relationship.
    But back to the point; Yeah, ADHD. Crazy, man. Diagnosis helped a lot. “No, he’s not just an asshole. He has a condition.” Or, “You might have a condition, but you’re acting like an asshole.” Depending.

5. Carrie K says:

Medication would help a lot of marriages. Does tequila count?
    I used to make COP cookies. Chocolate chip, oatmeal and peanut butter. I can still whip up a batch without half thinking but they are ginormous because baking a million cookies is BORING.

6. sparrowgrass says:

I most definitely do not have–whoa, let’s go ride a bike!!

7. I have ADD. I consider Concerta the greatest thing to ever come into my life. I might have even gotten married back in the day if I’d had that just a little bit sooner…