So there I was…

…at the laundromat.

Sign

I turned around and guess what I saw?

Photos

Somebody decided to have their wedding photos taken on Main Street in Luck. Those photographers you see? Were just a small part of the crew. There were at least six people with cameras and reflectors and makeup kits and director's chairs.

Okay, I'm kidding about the chairs.

I don't know what you think, but that looks to me like a weird wedding photo pose. Groom with his back to the bride, who is leaning casually against a plate glass window. In her elaborate gown. It was a pose, too — I saw the photogs snapping away while bride and groom held it.

Weird. Both the pose and the fact that it was happening at all.

This entry was posted in Photography, Rural life. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to So there I was…

1. Heather says:

That *is* weird. Why get your wedding pictures taken like that? Yeesh.

2. tammy says:

Interesting, very interesting. I kind of like it though, and I’m not sure why.

3. Jeff says:

Nancy was at the post office the other day and saw some young people making a video. They had one guy do three takes of walking from the hardware store to the post office. This could be part of the same crew. Hope we get to see the final result!

I was thinking magazine ad or video. Real wedding photos seemed just too odd…

With a “crew” of that size, I’m thinking it’s a commercial shoot or part of a workshop or class. And that’s not an unusual pose at all these days — it’s likely very arty with the expressions and focus and, I’ll bet, in the end you’d like it — you might not frame it 16×20 on the wall or give it to your parents, but you’d like it.
    So interesting to see this right now, as I’m off to shoot my first wedding TODAY!!
    ; )

6. Diane says:

I saw a wedding photo album the other day which included pics of the groom and groomsmen chugging beer at the reception, peeing into the lake, chest bumping, (not all at the same time), etc. The bride and bridesmaids photos included the strip tease routine they performed at the reception.
    I thought all that was for the bachelor party?
    I am SO old.

Maybe it was for a magazine or something.

I agree with the others. Looks and sounds more like a shoot for something than really wedding photo type stuffs.
    Btw, you win. I only saw a truck on fire this morning while out doing errands. Okay, the flames were out, but it was smoking like whoa.
    xo

9. lisa says:

Well, I kinda like that it was happening there, but the pose is odd… kind of like she’s wanting after him and he could care, and what kind of message is that for a marriage?

10. Heather says:

Obviously they’ve had an argument about the price of organic arugula. He wants to call the wedding off, she is trying to convince him that hearts of romaine are just as good.