Sure signs.

In honor of Elizabeth Zimmerman's birthday, which is today, August 9, here are some sure signs you are not a knitter… but A Knitter. (My answers are in italics.)

1. You knit while waiting to order at a restaurant. Also while waiting for
    the meal to arrive and while waiting for others to finish. Check.
  2. You knit while waiting for the traffic lights to change. Um, once.
  3. You belong to at least one knitting group. Check.
  4. You have at least two projects OTN at all times. Check.
  5. Your have checked out every knitting book in your local library at least once. Check.
  6. You know where to find the best yarn deals but donโ€™t know where sales are happening for
    shoes, clothes, or electronics. Check.
  7. Your stash storage area is bigger than your pantry. Oops. I need more yarn.
  8. You view boring meetings, long car trips, and traffic jams as just one more opportunity to knit. Check.
  9. You are familiar with the phrase Sock yarn doesn't count and may have used it yourself. Oops.
  10. You can quote Elizabeth Zimmerman and own at least one of her books. Check.
  11. You have at least one knitting app on your iPhone/iTouch/iPad/Droid. No apps, but I use the Notes feature on my iTouch for knitting progress notes. This counts; my quiz, my rules.
  12. You have your own knitblog. Check.
  13. You have more knitblogger friends than real life friends. Check.
  14. You can name Stephanie Perl-McPhee's husband and all her children. Check.

Inspired by Chris's link to You Might Be A Reader If… which was inspired by this.

This entry was posted in knitting, Silliness. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Sure signs.

1. marianne says:

Heh, I’ve got them all covered except for #11, and well… my blog, it’s woefully neglected, but the rest? covered and checked!
    Here’s to Elizabeth!

Haha, yeah, I don’t have any apps, but I’ve used Excel to create knitting charts on my PC; that counts in the knit geekery department in my book.
    ; )

I’ve got most of these covered! Happy Birthday, Elizabeth.

4. sophanne says:

More knitblogger friends than real life friends! So True!

5. elizabeth says:

OMG, I’d never finish any plain vanilla socks if it weren’t for traffic lights! great quiz!

I’ve got you covered for #7. Clearly, I am not a Knitter by that standard. I think I can say yes to maybe 4 of those at most, and I’m totally find with that.
    xo

7. Kimi says:

Well, I don’t have a knitblog, but…
    And does #14 make me a stalker?
    (What’s worse is that I think my husband can name them too, and he doesn’t knit).

8. lisa says:

I’m out #11 and #14… oh well…

Oh, my. Everything except #11, and that’s only because I don’t own a device that involves apps. (Though, I, too, have used spreadsheets to chart knitting patterns.)

10. Beverly says:

I don’t knit at traffic lights or in meetings for which I’m being paid to attend. Other than that, I think I fit the description. Thanks for a good laugh!!

11. KellyS says:

hey, I think blogger-friends are just friends that I don’t often get to meet in person. Not less than friends with face-time, imho ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Bullwinkle says:

Excellent quiz ๐Ÿ™‚ “everything but #11”. (Don’t tell anyone: I’m a thumb-drive carrying geek — someone might revoke my password.)