In honor of Elizabeth Zimmerman's birthday, which is today, August 9, here are some sure signs you are not a knitter… but A Knitter. (My answers are in italics.)
- You knit while waiting to order at a restaurant. Also while waiting for
the meal to arrive and while waiting for others to finish. Check.
- You knit while waiting for the traffic lights to change. Um, once.
- You belong to at least one knitting group. Check.
- You have at least two projects OTN at all times. Check.
- Your have checked out every knitting book in your local library at least once. Check.
- You know where to find the best yarn deals but don’t know where sales are happening for
shoes, clothes, or electronics. Check.
- Your stash storage area is bigger than your pantry. Oops. I need more yarn.
- You view boring meetings, long car trips, and traffic jams as just one more opportunity to knit. Check.
- You are familiar with the phrase Sock yarn doesn't count and may have used it yourself. Oops.
- You can quote Elizabeth Zimmerman and own at least one of her books. Check.
- You have at least one knitting app on your iPhone/iTouch/iPad/Droid. No apps, but I use the Notes feature on my iTouch for knitting progress notes. This counts; my quiz, my rules.
- You have your own knitblog. Check.
- You have more knitblogger friends than real life friends. Check.
- You can name Stephanie Perl-McPhee's husband and all her children. Check.