Linkety-schminkety.

• A newly-discovered-by-me blog that cracks me up on a regular basis. Here’s an little taste.

• A famous quote from the late Douglas Adams about the nature of
      progress and inventions:

1. Everything that’s already in the world when you’re
        born is just normal;
      2. Anything that gets invented between then and before you turn
        thirty is incredibly exciting and creative and with any luck you can
        make a career out of it;
      3. Anything that gets invented after you’re thirty is against the
        natural order of things and the beginning of the end of civilisation as
        we know it until it’s been around for about ten years when it gradually
        turns out to be alright really.

• My book group read The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver this month. Since I already had the audiobook on my iPod, I decided to listen to it rather than request the hardcover from the library. I started several weeks in advance — plenty of time, I thought. But a few days before my group would meet, I realized that the book was not 8 but 16 CDs long (I had ripped the CD version from the library to my iTunes (and deleted it after I finished)). Mild panic ensued and I started listening at every available moment. It was nip and tuck whether I would finish in time. On the day of book group, when I had 4 CDs worth to go I remembered that the iPod offers the choice to listen to an audiobook at normal, slower, or faster speed. So I listened to the last few hours of the book at faster speed. Kinda like reading really, really fast…

• I finished the second sleeve of the multicolor striped top-down raglan. Then I frogged the cuff of the first one and am re-knitting it to match the second. Photo essay maybe tomorrow on the cleverness of the cuff.
This entry was posted in Links. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Linkety-schminkety.

The tax form link doesn’t work in its current form without tweaking (has bonus text in link)…
    The Food for Thought was very good – thanks.
    I love Hyperbole and a Half!

2. marylou says:

Thanks for the food for thought. And the other links. I needed a laugh this am, even a dark one.

3. soxanne says:

So did you like Lacuna?

4. Diane says:

OMG. I’m at the library pretending to work. I nearly suffocated trying not to laugh out loud at the fish tacos. Thanks for the link.

OK. I see I’m going to have to save this for viewing (and laughing) later! Thanks to your wonderful commenters for the heads-up — though I nearly suffocated (at work) (where I’m working) (currently on a break) over Diane’s “nearly suffocated” comment and I’d better just go right now or I’ll lose it and you’ll have to look for me under my desk where I’ll be vascillating between giggling, stifling, and suffocating. Oy.

6. Heather says:

Oo – that *is* a good blog. Thanks!
    (and yours is great, too!)

7. Lucia says:

Itwasthebestoftimesitwasthewrstftms…

Oh, man. . . how I wish I had known about the speed-listening feature when I was slogging through Anna Karenina!!!!

9. KMK says:

There is a fabulous discussion of the 0 to 10 pain scale on that first blog called something like “boyfriend does not have stomach ebola”

Thanks for the fish tacos. And crap, now I have 210 feeds on Bloglines instead of 209… (Trying to cut down is definitely not working.)