- Do you like bleu cheese? Love it. I live in Wisconsin; there is no cheese I won't eat.
- Have you
ever smoked? 1969 – 1974. Not since.
- Do you own a gun? A .22 that was my dad's and was the gun I used for rifle training in sixth grade. Also a couple antique-ish shotguns/rifles, don't remember which. Dad was a hunter and kind of a collector. I think he had 8 long guns (no hand guns). The rest went to my cousin, a favorite of Dad's and also a hunter.
type of food? Edible is good. Chocolate is mandatory. Anything with garlic and/or shellfish is good. Gravy. Mashed potatoes. Mexican, Italian, Thai. Very rare steak. At a traditional meal I tend to eat my vegetables first, don't know why.
- Favorite type of music? Hard rock. Other rock. World. Classical.
- What do you think of hot dogs? Good right off the grill. Otherwise, meh.
- Favorite Christmas movie? Love Actually.
- What do you prefer to
drink in the morning? A glass of fresh orange juice and a 4-shot grande latte.
you do push ups? Have never been able to except once in a dance class, age late 20s. We were doing swing-through push-ups with coordinated breathing, and I did one, no problem. Totally amazed myself. Had never done one before, haven't done one since.
your favorite piece of jewelry? Opal engagement ring. I lost the original about 15 years ago and have replaced and subsequently lost it twice. Time to replace it again.
hobby? Three faves: reading, knitting, surfing the web. (Sorry, I don't do non-compulsory rules very well.)
- Do you have A.D.D.? Nope, but Smokey and #2 son do, so I am can recognize it at 100 paces.
- Do you wear glasses/contacts? Yes to both.
name? Marjory, after my mother.
- Name three thoughts at this
exact moment: I wonder where I put my iPod? I need to find my iPod so I can finish listening to the book for Monday night book club. If I can't find my iPod should I go to book club anyway?
- Name three drinks you regularly
drink: Water, coffee, beer, wine. (See "compulsory rules", above.)
- Current worry? Sustainability in everything — energy, food, economy, etc.
hate right now? People who lie to win elections.
- Favorite place to be? Right here.
- How did you bring in the new
year? Asleep in my bed.
- Someplace you’d like
to go? Tahiti, the Louvre, Italy, Greece.
- Name three people who will
you own slippers? No, but I need to make some for myself to wear when I go to knitting group at others' houses.
- What color shirt
are you wearing? Red.
- Do you like sleeping
on satin sheets? Have never done it so I don't know.
- Can you whistle? Yup. My mother gave me a really, really hard time when I was a kid trying to learn. "A whistling girl and a crowing hen / Are sure to come to some bad end."
- Where are you now? In my home office.
- Would you be a pirate? Nope, too much of a coward and law-abiding.
- What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever earworm is currently occupying my brain, typically some pop song from the past 30 years.
- Favorite Girl’s
Name? Kathryn (yeah, that's MY name).
- Favorite boy’s name? Don't have one, but when I was growing up I loved the name James.
- What is in your pocket
right now? Nothing.
- Last thing
that made you laugh? No idea. I laugh way too often to keep track.
- What vehicle do you drive? 1998 Isuzu Oasis (think Honda Odyssey; they were made in the same factory and are identical except for the name on the outside).
- Worst injury you’ve ever had?That broken ankle in 2008.
- Do you love where you live? Absolutely. Smokey and I both give thanks to our luck several times a week that we are fortunate enough to live on a clean lake in the woods in a beautiful rural area.
- How many TVs do you have in your house? Don't know. There is the one we watch. There may be others hidden in storage areas.
- How many computers do you have in your house? Don't know. In use are two desktops and a netbook. Smokey's laptop died last week. He has at least half-a-dozen to-be-rehabilitated laptops.
- If you changed your job, what would it be? Empress of the Universe as long as it was a part-time position.
- If you had three wishes what would they be? That each of my boys finds a good woman to spend his life with, that Andrew makes it through med school without a nervous breakdown, and that Smokey's and my health maintains. Yeah, that's probably more than three. Whatever. I'm greedy.
* * * * *
And now a public service announcement.
Thanks to Heather for tweeting this.