In today’s email.

AVOID SERVICE INTERRUPTION !

Friday, January 8, 2010 7:13 PM
From:
To: undisclosed-recipients

Dear Bell Customer,

This e-mail has been sent to you by Bell Canada
to inform you that we were unable to process your most recent payment
of bill. This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information. (eg: billing address, phone)
2. Submitting incorrect information during bill payment process.

Due to this, to ensure that your service is not interrupted, we request you to confirm and update your billing information today
by clicking
here

If you have already confirmed your billing information then please
disregard this message as we are processing the changes you
have made.

After you confirm your billing information you can use your account as usual.
Regards,

Bell Canada
Billing Department

Thanks for your
co-operation.

© Bell Canada, 2010. All Rights Reserved.

* * * * *

Um, Bell Canada? I live in Wisconsin, which as far as I know is still part of the US.

* I removed the linkety-link so none of you might find yourself at whatever nasty place this email wants to take you. For the incurably curious, here is the link:

which has already been removed and labeled a web forgery.

This entry was posted in Rants, various, Silliness. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to In today’s email.

1. Kitten says:

That’s a phishing email. I get spam from French and Scottish banks asking me to update the information because they’ve frozen the accounts I don’t actually have…

2. Erika says:

I think they do it on purpose. Outraged Americans think, “I don’t have Bell Canada! I’m an Amurrican!” and click the link to tell them so.

3. tammy says:

For just a second I thought you’d finally come over the border. 😉

4. Jeanice says:

I got that this morning, too. “Most recent payment of bill” What business used that kind of grammar?

First they send you weather. Now it’s spam. Fabulous.

6. Jocelyn says:

I had a moment there of thinking, “Wow, I guess I don’t know where she lives after all!” Whew.

7. Rebecca says:

I recently got an email purporting to be from the IRS. I’m pretty sure it was a phony, too, as there were grammatical errors.

8. Sheesh. Not that I respect scams or phishing of any kind, but I could at least be impressed with something that looked almost real. What have we come to? Does no one believe in making an effort anymore?????

9. picadrienne says:

I received that one the other day. I didn’t know I used Bell Canada, must be why I have the account with Scotia Bank…I hear from them all of the time as well.

10. Helen says:

For a tiny moment there I thought this might have been your way of telling us that you’d moved!

11. dale-harriet says:

HA! I never even open those –but I’m with Erika and Cookie. I figure my account at the Scotia Bank must go back to my previous life (when I was a Chipewyan, and I didn’t like them then either) and we don’t use Bell Canada either. (I feel obliged to tell you – that poor widow in Africa? She’s not real either. I’ll never see my $500,000 again.) {evil grin}

I received that same email in Postini, which reports it has a virus… Hopefully you didn’t actually pull it down to your computer…