Knitting accomplishments.

In 2009 I pwned that four-row lace pattern on the chemo hat.

Not pwned:
IMG_0070

Pwned:
IMG_0335_2
IMG_0714 IMG_0142

Encouraged by this tiny success, I engaged another, quasi-lace project, the Montego Bay scarf. This was an extremely complicated pattern, involving two (2!) stitches, repeated but offset over a two-row (2! row!) repeat.

IMG_0038

After the catastrophic mental strain of the Montego Bay, I conquered short rows heels and toes and learned how to do them so I didn't get holes.

Before:                                                          After:
IMG_2045 IMG_2046

And then I took it easy for the rest of the year, knitting perfectly ordinary hats and socks and scarves. The end.

This entry was posted in knitting. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Knitting accomplishments.

After all that mental strain, the rest was well deserved! 8)

2. Diane says:

So, what’s the trick to hole-less short row heels and toes? They don’t fit me well but I’m damned if I can get them to look good.

Wonder what you’ll try this year. . .

I knew you could do it!

5. Dude, if you’ve mastered the short row heel you get to take off as much time as you like. That is a rule. Heck, it should be a law! Happy New Year!

6. soxanne says:

Oh, I was recently thinking of making the Montego Bay and wondering if I would be able to tolerate the complicated pattern 😉

Hey, have you ever considered a career as a surrogate knitter for bloggers who purportedly have knitting blogs, but really get no knitting done anymore? 🙂

8. lisa says:

Love the trim on those chemo caps! Montego bay hurt your brain? I’ll admit I had to start it, oh, maybe 4 times… but once I got going it was all good. Until I made the second one, which I also started more than once.