We went out on Thursday to run errands. We went to…
- The bank to make a deposit
- The co-op for bread flour.
- The post office for stamps and to mail a very belated Christmas present.
- The library to return books and a DVD.
- The village office to drop off a check.
- The liquor store (more on that below).
- The grocery store.
- The dog park. (The dogs came with us on this errand run. Oh, boy, Lady! We get to go in the car!)
- The gas station because we cannot remember the last time gas was below $2/gallon. We paid $1.74.
- A friend’s house to drop off some yarn and a very belated birthday present.
At the last stop our friends brought four chairs outside — spaced six feet apart — and we had a lovely visit. As much as Smokey and I like each other, it is nice to interact with others from time to time.
Now, about that liquor store visit. You may remember that my 2019 New Year’s resolution was to try some new-to-me liquors and drinks. That resolution has continued into 2020. So far I have found that I quite like gin & tonics and brandy Manhattans. Also margaritas, but I already knew that.
I have never had to bring a list to the liquor store before.
Thank you all for your delightful responses to my Thursday games play-along! Here are the responses.
Game 1. Three things about yourself that are not true about any of my other friends.
I had an MRI yesterday.
I have been to a wedding in Nangjing, China (The wedding lasted all day!!)
I have been to a wedding in Kigali, Rwanda (Their wedding lasted all day too!)
I had my then husband committed to a mental institution (schizophrenia)
One of my sons works at google
I have 17 cousins (and love them all)
I travelled with my family’s carnival as a small child.
I’ve been to 63 countries, some more than once.
I took care of my husband while he slowly died from ALS.
I have leukemia.
1. I swam with the dolphins in Cuba. One took a shine to me and massaged my legs with his tail fin. I did Tellington Touch on this dolphin, then the dolphin rose up from the water, turned, and looked me straight in the eye.
2. I did community development work in a garbage dump in Egypt, and I slept there overnight because I wanted to see some piglets being born. I was invited to share a meal with the family. It was a large bowl of watered down tomato paste with several chopped green onions and some fresh garlic in it, and whole wheat bread for dipping. That’s all they ate for their meal!
3. I hiked to Jaguar Meadows neat the top of Mount Shasta, California and I encouraged those with me to continue on to the end. It was covered in snow. I shared my dried fruit snacks with my fellow hikers.
4. I spent a week in the Israeli desert with a group, hiking to waterholes, climbing cliffs, going through chalk caves, disturbing a group of brown desert eagles and sleeping outside under the stars which were brilliant against the dark night sky.
1. I was licked on the ear by a lorikeet.
2. I watched a guy pound a 10-penny nail up his nose, while his friend videotaped it.
3. I held my high school record for taking acid.
Game 2. “Tell us what your pet is doing right now, but preface it with the phrase, ‘The drunk guy at the end of the bar is…”.
This sweet, pretty young gal came into the bar but got drunk. Now she is dragging her butt across the dance floor.Rhonda says…
And the drunk guy at the end of the bar is rolling on his back in the sunbeam! 🙂
The drunk guy at the end of the bar is sound asleep with his tongue sticking out, all dried up.
The drunk guy at the end of the bar has quit yelling, but is whipping (her) tail around.
The drunk guy at the end of the bar is sitting in a cardboard box that is three sizes too small.
(And you made a list of things that probably weren’t true of your friends and didn’t mention kidding around with Alex Trebek?)
Game 3. Name three things you are grateful for.
ellend is grateful for…
I am grateful that the sun is shining and that I have a home where I can shelter safely.
Kat is grateful for..
The sun is shining today!! (this is a huge deal in Pittsburgh!)
10 thousand doors of January just came available from my library wait list!
Homemade Banana bread for breakfast! 🙂
Rhonda is grateful for…
My income is secure and I have all I need.
I feel good, even though my immune system is compromised. My sister, friends and neighbors look out for me.
My dogs are good company.
My boyfriend is fun, affectionate and thoughtful.
Laurie is grateful for…
The warm spring sunshine
Daffodils right outside my front door
I get to be housebound with my best friend of 41 years (my hubby). I couldn’t think of anyone I would rather go through this with!
k is grateful that…
The drunk guy is quiet – for the moment – and that the sun is shining, and that stores are making it easier for me to get in and out
Now for the fun part. In the comments, vote for your favorite item in each of the three games. The three winners will each get their choice of a skein of one of the sock yarns pictured below. (Assuming they are knitters or crocheters; if not I will dream up something else.)
Clockwise from upper left: Knitcircus Greatest of Ease, ‘Mulberry Street’; Zwerger Garn Opal Feelings; Rohrspatz & Wollmeise Pure 100% Merino Superwash, ‘Sultan’; Rohrspatz & Wollmeise Pure 100% Merino Superwash, ‘Wurzelsepp’; Rohrspatz & Wollmeise Pure 100% Merino Superwash, ‘Flussbett’; and Frog Creek Fibers fingering, unknown colorway.